Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech


Keep It Real

Get Adobe Flash player
Science Audiobooks

Here you can find some of the best books on science ever written. It is my experience that the best way to view books on the web is a combination of text and audio.  Audio alone is too restrictive, since you often need diagrams and other images - particularly in science.  Text alone is hard work and needs hands free to turn pages and hold the book.   By combining the two, the reader can take a break and just listen when there is nothing requiring focussed attention, yet still be able to conduct close analysis on the material if and when required. Typically I will sit back and listen to anything up to 80% of a book, with the other 20% spent looking at images, formulae, diagrams and/or maps. This is done using the play on/off button to move backwards and re-read.  But how YOU use this facility is up to you.
Please be aware - I have reduced the quality of audio to keep the loading times as fast as possible, and to discourage people from trying to rip this material. I would encourage people to do what I have done - BUY the books and the audio. These copies are intended for reference - to settle an argument, to check if a concept or quote is true or not.

If the audio does not play, click refresh to reload the page and audio data, then wait at least a minute or two before clicking 'play' again. The play button is a toggle - ie it switches on, then off, then on...etc. The sound files are compressed but they are still significantly large and could take a time to download so please be patient and try to avoid mouse-click fever.

BlindWatchmaker The Grand Design GreatestShowOnEarth selfish
BadScience BlackHoleWars Genius Isaac Newton
RedQueen The Universe in a Nutshell 6numbers
To Explain the World
Complete Idiot Guide To String Theory The Theory of Everything Our Mathematical Universe ABC
TheCopernicusComplex badpharma consciouness explained LifeAscending
faster AtTheEdge EMC2 arrival
ParticleAtEndOfUniverse Genome trouble with physics BetterAngels
Nature via Nurture OriginOfSpecies time reborn BacteriaBach
ShortQuantum cover Information More Complicated
SYJMF Beginning of Infinity Life3.0 wdyc
Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech